Tree @1.0 (Download .tar.gz)
bjoern: Fast And Ultra Lightweight Asynchronous WSGI Server
sudo pip install bjoern
bjoern aims to be small, lightweight and very fast.
- less than 800 SLOC (Source Lines Of Code)
- memory footprint smaller than a megabyte
- no threads, coroutines or other crap
- apparently the fastest WSGI server out there
- 100% WSGI compliant (except for the write callback design mistake)
But what about...
Sucks. Really, the code is an incredible mess. It likes to segfault.
I tried to patch Fapws so that it would support threading, but after about two hours of brain slime feeling, I decided to write my own WSGI server -- "Fapws done right".
bjoern is about 5 times faster. Plus gunicorn is too much bloated.
Awesome project, but way too much bloat.
Unfortunately now bloated with gunicorn and coroutine/greenlet crap, seemed to be a very nice server at first.
Probably too much bloat, too slow, does not scale, buggy, ...
Commit History @1.0
- README update Jonas Haag 8 years ago
- Add bjoern.version attribute Jonas Haag 8 years ago
- Make bjoern PyPI ready Jonas Haag 8 years ago
- Remove -static from CFLAGS that confuses GCC on some platforms. This fixes #4. Jonas Haag 8 years ago
- Use libev's default loop Jonas Haag 9 years ago
- Make handling of SIGINT/Ctrl+C optional Jonas Haag 9 years ago
- Removed outdated http-parser make option Jonas Haag 9 years ago
- fix checkout for http-parser kkris 9 years ago
- http-parser is now a submodule Jonas Haag 9 years ago
- Improved 'string_iequal' and removed 'register' from some variables Jonas Haag 9 years ago